Jasmine Carey has captured beautiful photographs of marine life and confirms her passion and deep connection with the ocean. She spends most of her time with underwater photography of whales. The images she posts are graceful and perceptive in style showing her beloved journey.
Jasmine is diving since 2005 and has dived across Indo-Pacific, looking for interactions and encounters with a gamut of marine life. She works closely with Darren Jew, the well-known underwater photographer and with his expertise; she brings passion delivering real and tangible results. Her passion for whales makes her spend time with breeding humpbacks off Tonga in thetropical waters, and in the Norwegian fjords feeding humpbacks or encountering the orcas in the northern winter.
Jasmine worked in a corporate sector comfortably for many years. She was busy and active outdoors with scuba diving, hiking, and trying new hobbies. She always took photos and also attended a workshop based on water photography. She was keen to learn the skills while shooting underwater.
Jasmine slowly made a lot of friends, had visions, and developed techniques that became purposeful. She offered assistance constantly to mentors and gained more skills and experience. With this she soon gave up the job with the corporate sector and took to this new chapter of underwater photography.
Jasmine changed her career, developed Whales Underwater, a photo travel company to expand its exciting new locations around the world. The business of photo travel gives her time to shoot and share new photos and it reveals the deep love she has for underwater photography of whales.
Jasmine realized that the purpose of her work was to offer greater awareness of the sea or ocean. It was to concentrate on animals home, give importance to protect and conserve the water animals. She believes it has resulted in more of a connection towards something to protect and save. She is highly fascinated by the feelings and personalities of the creatures below the surface of the water and aim to capture each moment in her photos.
Jasmine’s work and her signature style shows her ocean journeys and her career highlights are:
- 2017-“A Day in the Life of the Great Barrier Reef” Time-lapse film and editorial project in conjunction with Darren Jew and Australian Geographic magazine
- 2017-Oztek Underwater Photography Exhibition, Sydney
- 2018-Cover, Wildlife Australia Magazine
- 2018-Featured Photographer and Keynote speaker, 2018 “Underwater Tour”, visiting 4 Australian cities
- 2019-Loud and Luminous, Power
- 2019-Speaker and Juror, 10th International New Caledonia Underwater Festival
- 2019-Published, The most beautiful photographs of Killer Whales, edited by Hiroya Minakuchi
- 2020-Loud and Luminous, Equality
- 2020-fotoAID an exhibition raising much-needed funds to aid community and wildlife recover after the tragic 2019/20 Australian Summer of Fires.
- 2020-Grand Prize Winner of the Hamdan Bin Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum International Photography Award (HIPA) Ninth Season – WATER.
Underwater Photography of Whales
To Know More About Jasmine Carey: Instagram